By Mascha Coetzee
Stress is a natural physiological human response to any stimulus or challenge, be it negative (such as fear, injury, trauma) or positive (getting out of bed, falling in love, playing sports). When you face a stressful situation, your body activates the sympathetic nervous system (SNS), the fight-or-flight response, by releasing hormones such as cortisol and adrenalin, which in turn increase your blood pressure, metabolism and heart and respiration rates.
- What is stress?
- The good news
- Identify the warning signs
- Cultivate positive emotions
- Exercise moderately
- Surround yourself with support
- Your anti-stress diet
- Relaxation techniques: breathing, meditation, yoga
- Your de-stress action plan
Please note: the Special Report PDF will be emailed to you upon purchase